Times Herald Record
December 12, 2007

Liberty fires ex-librarian who suffered from mold poisoning

Liberty - The Liberty School District voted last night to fire former middle school librarian Angela Page, who has been out of work since 2004, since going on sick leave because of moldy conditions in the library.

The district has long argued that Page's physical inability to teach at the library for nearly three years is a financial burden and not in the best interests of the students. If returned to her job, she would earn a salary of $81,701 and nearly $30,000 in benefits.

Page has said the district was responsible for her medical condition, because of mold at the library. The conditions were documented in a report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.